Teaches young people conversational French.;Text in English and French.
Fun exercises to help you learn francais!
Bonjour, mon ami! So, you want to learn French but don't know where to start? Start ici, with "The Everything Kids' Learning French Book." Inside, you'll find simple exercises, fun facts, tips on pronunciation, and popular phrases that enable you to read and speak French in no time at all.
You'll learn how to:
Dozens of puzzles and activities--plus an English-French Dictionary--make learning this exciting new language easy, fast, and fun!
- Address your family ("Ma famille") and pets ("Mes animaux familiers")
- Describe holidays and birthdays ("Fetes et anniversaires")
- Ask "What time is it?" ("Quelle heure est-il?")
- Tell your friends, "Let's go outdoors" ("On va dehors")
- Express your feelings ("Exprimer mes sentiments")
- Talk about school ("Mon ecole") and your classes ("Mes cours")
Contributor Bio: Baude, Dawn-Michelle
Dawn-Michelle Baude, a Senior Fulbright Scholar, is the author of several volumes of poetry, including Gaffiot Exquis (1997), The Book of One Hand (1998), The Beirut Poems (2001), Egypt (2002), and Through a Membrane/Clouds (2006). She earned an MA from the New College of California, an MFA from Mills College, a Diplome des etudes approndis in Shakespeare from the Sorbonne, and a PhD in English from the University of Illinois-Chicago. She teaches in the U.S. and in Europe.